What programming language is the most well-liked for builders? No, it isn’t Python
Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, SQL and Go are on the rise, in accordance with the JetBrains State of Developer Ecosystem report. However one programming language nonetheless leads the pack.
Within the ever-changing world of software program improvement, the talents, programming languages and applied sciences required for the job are in fixed flux. To grasp the day-to-day realities of developer life, JetBrains performed its annual State of Developer Ecosystem 2021 report, which it simply launched on Thursday.
SEE: The very best programming languages to learn–and the worst (TechRepublic Premium)
The report, which culls collectively solutions from 31,743 builders from 183 international locations and areas, takes an in-depth take a look at the most recent tendencies for builders—every part from programming languages and frameworks to way of life subjects. They got here from a variety of industries—from science to advertising to banking to authorities—and most have been within the IT companies. Most (63%) of respondents have been absolutely employed, and most (81%) have been builders/programmers/software program engineers in senior (41%) positions. Practically half (48%) have been of their 20s. And a whopping 93% have been male.
As builders proceed to be a extremely sought-after group, understanding the realities of their lives and jobs needs to be of curiosity to present and potential employers.
SEE: High IT certifications to extend your wage (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
Listed below are among the major findings from the State of Developer Ecosystem Report.
However different programming languages are high contenders, as properly—in accordance with the report, along with Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, SQL and Go are the fastest-growing programming languages.
Then again, Ruby, Goal-C and Scala have dropped in recognition during the last 5 years.
- Pre-pandemic, solely 31% of builders labored from dwelling; now 83% do.
- 70% of builders are happy with their jobs.
- Video games are the most well-liked passion, at 59%.
- 91% of builders flip to YouTube for leisure and 71% flip to YouTube for data.
- 47% make their very own meals.
- Over 50% of the respondents contribute to charity.
Different enjoyable office info
- 46% use a spreadsheet editor to investigate knowledge.
- Nearly all of builders (68%) do not use a particular analytics platform.
- Jupyter (32%) is essentially the most used massive knowledge device.
- 36% use inner servers to host knowledge.
- 91% are involved about knowledge privateness.
- MySQL is the No. 1 database for 69% of respondents, adopted by PostgreSQL, for 42%.
There may be much more element—every part from debugging saved procedures to programming languages by area to programming languages used together with C++ to unit-testing frameworks to which module loaders are used—within the full report.