Do you know how to choose the most suitable VPN for you?
Last year, the popularity of VPNs grew rapidly due to phone work, but it was not a new invention. In many cases we recommend using it if you need to connect to a public Wi-Fi network. In this way, traffic-generated travel is encrypted and it is more difficult for a third party to steal confidential information. In this article we will explain more about this type of network and how to choose the one that best suits our needs.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a network technology used to connect one or more devices that allow the local area network (LAN) to be securely extended over a public or uncontrolled network, such as the Internet.
This is how VPNs work
Our mobile phone, laptop, tablet and other devices communicate with the router or modem to connect to the Internet, and this connects with the Internet provider. The most common is that we have more than one device with its own local IP connected to one router. This is a local area network, a set of connected devices that can exchange data and files over the Internet. VPNs can work on a variety of platforms and devices. If you use a Windows computer you will need a VPN for Windows but if you are using an iPhone you will need a VPN for the iPhone.
VPNs allow you to create this local area network without having to physically connect devices to each other, regardless of their geographical location and the need to connect over the Internet. It also protects the information exchanged between our device and the destination server because it establishes a “tunnel” or encrypted communication channel and puts on our IP masks.
Different types of VPNs
There are two types of VPNs: VPN for remote access and iTop VPN for websites. Remote Access VPN allows users to connect to another network (whether the Internet or the company’s internal system through an encrypted private tunnel).
Website-to-website VPN or router-to-router VPN is used to create a closed internal network where different sites can connect to each other. When a company has offices in different cities, it is mainly used in the corporate environment.
How to choose a VPN?
There are several options when choosing a virtual private network service. Generally people like to have a free VPN but we recommend trying to get it for free on a paid service. It is essential but we need to keep in mind a set of requirements to get the perfect iTop VPN service. Let’s see what they are:
– Reputation: It is important to read customer and professional reviews to know your performance. It also helps to know if it is a fake network.
– Clients: The more clients you have, the better the navigation will be because you are not concentrating on just one user. In addition, if we have close clients, the connection will be faster and more reliable.
– Encoding: It is important that the VPN service has the highest encryption available on APS-256. This cipher has a high number of combinations, making it a practically invisible cipher.
Shared IP Addresses: The VPN we choose must provide us with shared IP addresses, which adds an extra layer of privacy.
– Data records: It should be clearly stated that the service does not keep data records. This will prevent any disclosure of our online activities.
– Features: It is important to choose a VPN that is as close to our needs as possible and best suited to our network usage system.
– Customer Service: To ensure that we receive service at any time, it is important that we choose a iTop VPN service that provides customer service that is willing to assist us in any unexpected or doubtful situation.
– Free Trial: To make sure this is the best choice for us, it’s important that we have a free trial. So before we decide to buy it, we want to test its functionality and ease of use.
Using a virtual private network has the advantage of helping to protect our confidential information. However, no VPN is good for us. Before we decide to use one or the other, it is important that we understand and examine our needs. There is nothing better than trying its properties first. If you ask us, we will definitely recommend iTop VPN, the best free VPN for Windows and any other platform.